There are three main reasons why you should care about Mycotoxins in coffee:
- Scientists consider mycotoxins to be worse than other food related risks you may be more aware of, like pesticide residues. These “experts” rank mycotoxins as one of the top 3 food related risks.
- The International Agency for Cancer Research (IARC) has classified Afalatoxin B1 as a Group 1 Carcinogen (definitely carcinogenic) and Ochratoxin A as a Group 2B Carcinogen (possibly carcinogenic). These are the 2 mycotoxins found in coffee. Quote: “Aflatoxin B1 is the most potent natural carcinogen known and is associated with both toxicity and carcinogenicity in human and animal populations…”
- Mycotoxin exposure can affect your overall performance and focus, thus impeding your ability to function at your best. Mycotoxins have been shown to cause asthma, wheezing, and bronchitis, as well as fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, headaches, anxiety, mood, cognitive impairments, and depression. They even adversely affect your gut bacteria (your microbiome).
Governments Already Regulate This Don’t They?
- Don’t governments already regulate Mycotoxin levels by checking the foods and drinks we consume and imposing “safe limits”?
- Yes this is correct but there are 5 points below that mean you are never entirely safe:
- Many scientists agree that there is no safe limit for the worst mycotoxin Aflatoxin B1 – long term chronic exposure adds up.
- Governments only check imported goods at the point of entry. Many goods like coffee beans sit in damp bonded warehouses near the docks for months before being drawn upon
- Food groups and countries constantly lobby the government to increase safe limits. The science is new and constantly changing so levels approved in prior years may not be safe based on current knowledge.
- As discussed – You eat and drink a wide range of foods daily that potentially contain Mycotoxins including: coffee, tea, corn, black pepper, peanut butter, chilli peppers, spices like cinnamon etc. Your overall daily levels can easily exceed the government guidelines laid out for each specific food.
- Climate change and bad farming practices are making the problem of Mycotoxins in food more widespread. Warmer weather means more regions around the world are becoming at risk. Pressure by supermarkets on prices and demand for food means farmers are cutting corners in terms of best farming practices.
How Can I Trust What You Say?
- Before I started selling coffee I looked into ways of becoming leaner and healthier. My father passed away from vascular Dementia in 2018 and I also have one of the genetic markers giving me a greater risk of getting it later in life.
- I researched intermittent fasting as a way of staving off dementia, and stumbled upon Bulletproof Coffee.
- Like you I was sceptical due to the naysayers and the various web pages decrying it as snake oil. I decided to do my own research on the topic.
- I published a blog recently containing all this research including the links to the scientific studies. Below is the link to this more weighty blog (it is fully referenced with relevant scientific papers and forms the basis of this video summarising the findings):
Why Choose Lean Caffeine?
- By now I’m hoping you are convinced of the health benefits of drinking “clean coffee”
- Here are 7 reasons to buy Lean Caffeine Coffee:
- High-altitude, fully washed coffees – lower risk of mould contamination at source.
- Our farmers are educated on “best practices” to avoid moulds & mycotoxins.
- Our green beans are stored in a temperature controlled warehouse to avoid moulds.
- Dark Roasted in the UK in small batches – freshness and quality guaranteed.
- Coffee you can taste – bold, smooth and persistent. Perfect for Bulletproof Coffee.
- All coffees lab tested for Mycotoxins, Pesticides and Heavy Metals. The only company to test for all three!
- 1000s of repeat customers. Our customers fall in love with the taste of our coffee.
Buy Now and Fall in Love with Coffee Again!
- You wouldn’t knowingly drink unsafe water or eat foods with traces of pesticide residue. So why would you take the risk that the coffee you are drinking may contain Mycotoxins?
- If you have ever experienced the jitters or nausea from drinking bad coffee, try our super clean coffees and discover a world of difference.
- Even if you haven’t you owe it to yourself to drink the cleanest most tastiest coffee in the world so that you can perform at your best throughout the day.
- Click below to order now and join thousands of others who have fallen in love with Lean Caffeine coffees: